Latest Post  |  Objective  |  Itinerary  |  Gear List  |  Electronics List  |  Using the Map

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Returned from 2nd rotation

The team has just returned from our 2nd rotation and is now resting in Base Camp. We spent a night at Camp 3 (see attached photo), which is over 23,000' and a very high altitude to spend the night without any supplemental oxygen!

The climbers are doing great and we will rest here in Base Camp before descending down to a lower elevation to rest and recover. We have been having regular snow up high on the mountain, and temperatures have been ranging from -30 at night to about 50 degrees in the middle of a sunny & windless day.

The Sherpas are helping stock our high camps and fix the route with the current
"good" weather, if all goes according to plan we can anticipate a mid or late May summit attempt.

Hope everyone is enjoying the RainOn tracking map!

Garrett Madison


  1. Garrett, this is amazing! I can't wait to hear more about your experience.